Berschauer Group purchased the historic Cornerstone Plaza, 99,279 square feet, from Regence Blue Shield in 2016. Originally constructed in 1892 as a dry goods department store, the Cornerstone Plaza was later occupied by Sears Roebuck & Co. It remained a retail hub in Tacoma’s central business area until 1982 when it was completely renovated. Now an office building, it is connected, via an enclosed sky bridge, to the adjacent Franciscan headquarters building and parking structure. CHI Franciscan Health System occupies the majority of the building and has a long term lease on three floors. On September 2017, Berschauer Group completed a million dollar first floor tenant improvement for its new tenant Community Health Care of Pierce County. The property is now 100% occupied which includes the Tacoma branch of Charles Schwab.